Thursday, August 13, 2009

Still Learning...

Even after 25 years of practice, it appears that I still have problems walking. Granted, in Texas there are not as many stairs as there are here in Utah, but I have not mastered them yet. One very early morning (around 2 am) I went upstairs to get Gavin a bottle. When I was on my way back down, I slipped on one stair and slid down the rest. It was painful! My back hurt so bad. The next morning, I found this lovely bruise on my arm. I would like to blame the fact that I fell on it being so early and I was half asleep. But as it turns out, as I was coming down the stairs to give Gavin some orajel last night and I slipped again! This time it was only 9 pm. I have no excuse for this one except that I can't seem so figure out how to use the stairs. I hope to master them before winter when the stairs outside will be covered with ice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha i'm sorry, i really did laugh out loud though reading this. oh man. okay, i have to tell you. i recently found out i'm pregnant so i haven't been doing much lately. i've been way too tired. so i haven't been avoiding you or blowing you off or anything, i really DO want to get together, i just haven't been up for much lately. i hope you understand and i also hope to get together soon. i hope you're doing well and adjusting with everything.

Anonymous said...

oh, this is stephanie, i hate it when i accidentally post comments with my photography name. what an idiot.

Anonymous said...

awwww poor Lauren!!! :( :(

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you need one of those chair lifts the elderly use to ride up and down their stairs. I've always wanted one of those!