I'm a jerk.
Tuesday night I got a call from a girl I play soccer with. She wanted to know if I cold go play on Wednesday night with her other team otherwise they would not have enough girls to play. On Wednesday nights I host a movie night. She said that the game started at 6 with 20 minute halves. I should be home no later than 7:30 which gives me a half hour before my friends would show up. I agreed to go.
Cindy usually watches the kids while I go play soccer. I left the house at 5:30 to meet the girl and then we would carpool to the park. We get there right before 6. Turns out that the game did not start until 6:30. OK, no big deal. Well, it also turns out that this was the finals tournament and if the game was won then you played in the finals right after. So, of course the team I am on wins. I call my dad to tell him the situation and he doesn't sound happy but says fine. Now, Cindy has to watch the kids longer than I anticipated.
We play the next game and lose. But second place wins a neat Salt Lake Real (MLS team) scarf. Bonus. I call my dad and let him know that I am on my way home. We get back to the girl's house and I start driving home. I look at the clock and it says 8:47. I think, at least it is not 9 yet. Then I remember movie night...
I call my friend. She is already at the house. Waiting for me. Playing with Gavin. I totally forgot to call her and tell her that I would be late.
I am a jerk.
And I am sorry.
For being a jerk.
Sorry.
Hope I won't do it again.
Sorry...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment