Saturday, October 6, 2007
From Here to Eternity 5K
At 6am this morning, I woke Chris up and we got ready to do our first 5K (3.1 miles) since I got pregnant. This was the From Here to Eternity 5K that was hosted by the Friends of the San Marcos Cemetery. The money raised is to keep the cemetery maintained. Chris was not too happy about being woken up so early.

We picked up Eric on our way there. We all got to race.
I think that this was the hardest 5K I have ever ran. It was so hilly. The first half mile was ALL uphill. They don't call it the Texas Hill Country for no reason!
We also got to run through the cemetery. You'd be surprised how hilly that is!
Eric won 3rd place in his division and I won FIRST!! I was the only 20-29 year old running but a victory nonetheless. Chris would have placed but he didn't register for the race.
And here is the hand-made trophy for the cemetery run. Cool, eh?
Next run is the Red Ribbon 5K on the 20th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment