Friday, February 13, 2009

Torin's Surgery

Torin had surgery today to fix a condition he was born with called hypospadias (to learn more about it click HERE). We checked in at 9 am and his surgery was supposed to be at 10 am but did not actually start until 11. That might not be a huge deal to you but he had not eaten since dinner the night before and had nothing to drink. Little kid, no food-you can only imagine. But the good news is that he was really well behaved and did not once freak out. To say the least, it was a blessing. He went back to surgery and me and Grandma (Chris's mom) sat in the waiting room. They finished around 1 pm and we spoke to the doctor while Torin was coming out of the anesthesia. We got to see him around 1:45 and left the surgery center around 2:20. We went home and he ate three bites of applesauce and then crashed for several hours. I woke him up to give him some pain medication and fed him dinner and now he is back in bed. It was a long day but it turned out better than I expected.

This is on the way to the surgery center. Hungry and tired little boy.
Waiting to be taken away-in a good mood!
In the recovery area. Groggy after the surgery.
I think this was the only part of the car ride home that he was awake for. 30 seconds in he was gone.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Poor guy! I don't even like it when Claire has a cold, I get so sad for her, I can't imagine her having surgery!!! I hope he recovers well.

Snotty said...

what a trooper Torin was! i'm glad he's ok.
say to Chris for me

Corrine said...

well, I am glad all went well! What a blessing to have him be so calm. and for you being calm too!!

Anonymous said...

What a trooper!!! Hope recovery goes great. Miss you guys.

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

I'm glad everything went so well.