Saturday, August 2, 2008

Crazy-maybe....fun-undeniably!

At our first stop on the cruise we ported in Ketchikan. We had to be on the bus for our first on shore excursion at 6:50 am! We were going snorkeling!! 'What?' you say? 'Crazy!' you say? 'Frigid water!!' you say? Well to that I say...yes! The water was in the mid 50's but don't worry, we had on wet suits. It was only cold when you first got in and the water seeped into the suit. After it warmed up you were good.
I think that this was my favorite thing that we did on this trip. It was so awesome! We saw- literally-tens of thousands of jelly fish. We saw schools of fish, star fish, sea urchins and some of the guys that dove 40 feet down saw some dog sharks. I tried to go down but I think that deepest I went was 20-25 feet. To sum up-AWESOME!!!!

I thought that it was so neat how the houses are just built everywhere. Mostly dotting the mountains.
Me and Chris with our ship in the background. It was a huge ship. At parts it went up to 18 decks but there were mainly 14 decks.

No comments: