On Thursday JJ had an indoor soccer game which he played goalie. He is a great goalie. He started playing about a year and a half ago and he's not scared to just get in the way of an opponent to stop the ball. At this last game, it was a one on one situation and he slid on the ground and the opponent kind of flipped over him. Both guys got right up and kept playing. Apparently this is when JJ got hit in the head. I must have been at the wrong angle because I didn't see him get hit in the head.
At the end of the game, JJ sat next to me and kept telling me how tired he was. He asked me to drive home which is something that he never does. On the way home he kept asking where we were going, where we just were and where we were headed. When we got home he got really angry and yelled for about 15 minutes. He then calmed down and kept asking the same couple questions over and over again. After a while (about an hour) I spoke to his mom to see what I could do because I was at a loss. She told me that he had had a concussion about a year and a half ago and this was how he acted last time. I took him to the ER to make sure there was no bleeding in his head.
We checked into the ER at about 10 pm. I had to keep repeating myself to JJ to get him to do anything (sign this paper, take off your shirt, put on your shoes, etc.). It was kind of like talking to an incompetent 3 year old. He had a CT scan which showed that everything was normal. JJ was still acting strange so they wanted to keep him for another hour to see make sure he improved before he be released. He ended up throwing up a little later so they wanted to keep him overnight to monitor him. He didn't want to me to leave so I prepared myself to sleep in the ER. His mom came and kept me company for about an hour and a half (JJ was driving me crazy).
JJ kept asking me the same questions over and over again. Literally, the same questions hundreds of times. That was certainly a trial of my patience. Here are some of the questions:
What happened?
What day is it?
What month are we in?
What year is it?
Are we married?
How long have we been married?
Are you pregnant?
What are we having?
What are we naming it?
Did we win the game?
Did I play the whole game?
Who is on our team?
What was the score?
Where is Kristy?
Did I throw up?
Did I just eat a graham cracker?
Why are my shoes on?
Why is this bag on my hand?
We have two kids: Torin and Gavin?
How old are they?
Why don't I have an underwear on?
What this on my arm? (it was the IV)
What happened to Emma?
Is she married?
Is the nurse related to Tony?
How long have we been here?
Did you call my boss?
Why do I have to pee in this container?
...
There were several more but this is all I can remember right now. It was so frustrating. At about 1 am JJ had a fit. A laughing fit. I swear he laughed at nothing for over an hour. That was one of the highlights of the night!
The good news is that there was nothing really wrong with JJ besides a concussion. The more rest and sleep he got the more coherent he became. He was released at 6:45 am. He just isn't allowed to okay sports for 2 weeks. JJ is thinking he will no longer play goalie because he has had so many injuries playing that position. Back to the field for him.
Anyway, that was my weekend. Taking care of JJ and the kids. Oh yeah, by the way, Gavin also has croup. Fun.
I love my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that's not really FUNNY, per say, but I am cracking up over all the questions!! Glad he's okay.
I totally lol'ed at "Did I just eat a graham cracker?"
I'm glad everything is okay!
scary... yet a great memory! cant wait to see u!
I died laughing. At least he remembered me when he had been bumped in the head because I don't think he remembers me any other times! :) I am sorry things have been so rough. I wish I was there to help. I just want you to know that I love you!
You guys have spent way too much time in the ER these past few months. I'm glad he's okay! Good luck with Gavin.
Post a Comment