Saturday, January 31, 2009

Look Ma--No Eyes?

Chris, Torin and I were taking a walk after dinner last night. Just walking down the street, minding our own business. I see two young boys riding their bikes in the street. They were probably around 8-10 years old. The first one rode past us. The next one looked like he was struggling to stay on the bike. Then I realized why...as he was riding his bike, he decided that it was time to take off his sweatshirt-without stopping! I watched him as he got the sweatshirt stuck on his head and sideswipe a car parked in the street. He wasn't hurt and when the sweatshirt came all the way off he continued down the street.
Is it just me or was that one of the stupidest things one could do while riding a bike? I don't remember being that dumb as a kid.
Weird.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I gasped when I read this story. I think it's because I'm a mom now. I read it to Levi and he was like, "oh, huh." I guess 'cause it was a parked car. But the first thing that popped in my head was "What if it was a moving car!" Kids really do think nothing can happen to them. I remember thinking that.

Anyway, tell Chris thanks for all the compliments! Next time you guys are in town visiting your daddy-o let me know and you can come by so I can snap some pictures of you guys and your growing belly.