A little background:
Chris works a retail job so his schedule is unpredictable and a lot of the times I am home alone. The best time to pack would be at night when Torin is sleeping. Well, since Chris's schedule is crazy (he sometimes doesn't come home till almost 10 pm) and I figured I would be doing most of the packing anyways, I starting packing the house 3 weeks before we moved. Chris said I was crazy but, really, I am a genius! All the major packing was done days before the actual move and Chris didn't have to worry about a thing.
Was that dramatic enough?
Chris, being the eagle scout he is, went and got us a lantern. I was too busy freaking out to even think of such a thing. I am so glad that I have a real man as my husband!
At about 9:30 that night we decided to go ahead and go to sleep because, lets face it, what is there to do in the dark? I know what you're thinking and it's none of your business!!!
Because we went to bed so early, we woke up at 5:30am ready to go! Problem was, the sun is still not up! To pass the time, we went to IHOP for breakfast. When we were finished the sun was slowing creeping up in the sky and let me tell you, I was never as happy as I was at that moment for the sun to be coming up at 6:30.
Chris's parents showed up at 8:30 and we finished prepping everything to load. Chris and I went to pick up the truck at 9:00. Long story short, it took a while and we didn't get back to our place until 9:40. I think that this is a good place to mention that Chris wanted to have the truck packed by 11:00, go pick up our "new" bed at his sister's apartment in Austin (that was a little out of the way) and leave there by noon, make it into Dallas by 5:00 (which is possible if we left his sister's by 1:00) and unload the truck before it got dark.
We live in a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1200 square foot town home-we rented a 16 foot truck. Did I mention that he have a gi-normus sectional couch? Needless to say, it took quite a bit long to put all of our stuff in. This is the never ending pile.
The next day we unpacked the truck and tried to make space in one of the bedrooms at Chris's parent's house to put all our stuff. What? Did I not mention that we are going to live with Chris's parents for a while? No? Oh. Well, we are. This is were we slept for a few days as we prepped a room. Yes, that is a queen bed in the middle of their living room.
Chris got a job at Harley Davidson Financial Services and he starts that on the 17th.
Life is crazy but its good!
No comments:
Post a Comment